The sun, saltwater, chlorine and sand all wreak havoc on your hair. Regardless of the weather where you are, you may notice that your hair looks thin, stressed and ageing. Getting healthy, younger looking hair and maintaining it is easy.
All you have to do is adapt your regimen and follow these important tips:
1. Use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner: During the warmer months of the year it is important to switch your usual shampoo and conditioner for a moisturising formula. This will hydrate those damaged ends and leave your hair feeling softer and more moisturised.
2. Use a hair mask: Your hair works hard for you all week in cooler months, so return the favour by treating it to a rejuvenating mask once or twice a week. A hair mask will provide critical hydration, strengthening and improving damaged ends.
3. Protect your scalp: In addition to looking after your hair it is important to maintain the health of your scalp. Use a treatment that delivers vital nutrients to your scalp and roots and promotes the appearance of stronger, thicker, healthier looking hair and scalp.
4. Wash your hair less: If you frequently wash your hair you are stripping it of its natural oils. Try to wash your hair less or invest in dry shampoo to extend the time before your next wash. This will ensure that your hair stays healthy for longer!
5. Stay hydrated: Drinking an adequate amount of water is vital for all aspects of beauty. Make sure you drink plenty of water and remain hydrated, as this will keep your hair looking luscious.
6. Don’t use heat: In both summer and winter months, between the cold and sun damage, your hair is already suffering so don’t add heated tools into the mix. It’s time to put down the straightener and embrace your gorgeous, natural waves. Your hair will thank you!
Build your own hair care routine this summer and discover the beautiful, healthy hair you’ve been waiting for.